Monday, January 4, 2010

McFatty Mondays

Hey . . . not sure if anyone is going to read this (assuming I've been able to successfully link up) but I really wanted to jump on the McFatty band wagon because I love Blair (even though we've never met - she's just hillarious and reminds me of myself, minus the baby) and I have been trying to lose weight. After the past two years that I've had, I am ready to take on a new decade and looking forward to losing the weight that the stress of planning a wedding and dealing with merging 3 families in 2008 and losing my big brother to cancer in 2009 has allowed me to pack on. I met my now husband in 2002 and weighed about 140, maybe 135, but I was playing rugby at the time while going to school and working full time so I didn't really have time to eat. Over the years I bulked up to about 170 - and then 2 months ago, I started paying attention to what I ate and managed to knock off about 17 pounds or so. Today I weighed myself at 151. I really would like to lose about 10 more pounds. Or become preggo. Or both. I am going to try not drink Diet Coke the rest of the week. The operative word is try, I'm really addicted to the caffine and make pretend sugar. Here's what I look like most recently: I'm the one on the right. The one on my left is my MIL. Kidding. My MIL is actually great (and I really mean it, I'm a lucky gal) and skinnier than me. She freaked out the other day because she thought she was getting tubby and might have to wear clothes in my size. She is great, but sometimes she can say things without her brain approving them first. I know the picture is sucky, but I want to be semi anonymous so I can hide my true identity from all 2 people who might read this. You can kinda see how I am not obese, but not exactly thin.

So there you have it. I am going to try to lose 10 lbs. And have a baby. Or both. This is NOT a resolution, mind you! As a New Years resolution I am going to try to blog more often. Please don't confuse this with last year's resolution to try to blog more often. This time I, um, really mean it.

No comments: