Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm Alive!!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers - I survived - and NO TESTICLES!!

The actual procedure itself only took 15 minutes, and I was there for a little over 90 minutes total. They put everything up my lady parts so I have no outside wounds and virtually no pain. I bled alot more than I expected to, but that seems to have gone away today. For the most part, I think the HSG was a million times worse. The day was pretty uneventful, except for the little panic attack I had at the end of the night when I was convinced I was going to die from a pulmonary embolism because an air bubble went through my IV line. Naturally, I was just being a drama queen and I lived through the night LOL.
We let Dr. Foreign accent know that we wanted to try just Clomid for the next three months before moving on to IUI. Not that we're opposed to go the distance - we'll do IVF if we don't conceive any of the other ways, but we just don't want to get on that roller coaster yet. Dr. Foreign accent seemed reluctant that it would work, but I felt such a peace over the decision that we made that I don't care if he thinks its dumb idea. . . even if he DOES have a degree from El Universidad de Buenos Aires. What does he know anyway?

Hope everyone has a great weekend - we are having BEAUTIFUL weather so I'll be outside working on my nasty garden I think!

No comments: