Monday, May 3, 2010

I can push myself back up!

Happy Monday friends!

I didn't weigh myself again this week. I've been doing so well with P90X that I'm afraid if I don't see lower numbers that I'll get discouraged and stop. I'll weigh myself next Wednesday, because that will be day 30 and I'll take another picture and post it for all of the internets to see again.
Even though I don't have actual numbers to go off of, I can feel a difference. For one, I can do a girlie push up again. I know, it's pretty pathetic that I was unable to do one before. There was alot of hamminess on my arms then I care to admit. But now, after 3 rounds of kickass Yoga X, I can do 10 girlie push ups until I get tired! I also feel firmer. My arms feel the slightest bit tighter. Yesterday, I worked out in just a sports bra and shorts and I let one of my friends see me like that. All huge differences to me, and so I am excited about continuing.
I can't tell you how much fun I have while I'm doing the workouts. I LOVE this plan friends. I wish you could all come over my house and do it with me, but you'd probably be creeped out by my creepy basement gym. It's still just as difficult as it was on day one, but only because each day, I push myself to do something more. I wish I could be in the next infomercial!! And meet Tony Horton because seriously, for 50 -something year old, he is delicious.
Also delicious? Taco Bell. To answer Blair's question, I try really hard not to eat fast food, but sometimes I can't help myself. Taco Bell as their own "drive through diet" plan - and it's pretty good. The one place I try to avoid with my entire being is McDonald's because I am a sucker for Big Macs. Unless there is orange cheese on said Big Mac. Fast food melty orange cheese is the Soapscum Avenger's kryptonite.
Good luck this week everybody!

3 comments:

Heidi - D said...

I totally know how you feel. If I don't SEE the results on the scale, it doesn't matter what results I SEE in myself! Good luck! And good for you!!!

http://itsjustmeheidid.blogspot.com/2010/05/mcfatty-monday.html

nicolesspirit878 said...

kudos for not weighing yourself. I really need to stop looking at my numbers as well. Also I never have and probably never will be able to do a pushup girlie or other! haha!

Ashley said...

Thanks for the encouragement and stopping by my blog. :) I understand how you feel about getting discouraged if you don't see the results on the scale. Do what works for you and good luck!