Friday, May 14, 2010

What I did last weekend - feel free to skip this one, it's boring.

You probably don't care about what I did last Saturday. I said I would post about it, so in the interest of keeping my word:

Vermont:






This picture is little, and I'm a moron when it comes to bloggy internet things, so I can't make it bigger (thats what she said). This is the cabin that my MIL owns on a decent sized plot of land in VT. Mr. Joe and I love it there, though with our busy lives as of late we have not been able to spend any time up there. It's quiet and peaceful and there's no plumbing. Or cable TV. MIL had electricity put in, and we dug a giant hole in the ground and built a bathroom on top of it:




Isn't it adorable? I know, you wish your bathroom was as cute. If you don't mind bugs and spiders, then it's a perfect solution to the no plumbing problem. It definitely makes a better alternative to going out in the woods. We have alot of memories here. We spent the majority of last Saturday cleaning it up because MIL has to sell it. Originally, she purchased the land and little cabin (which was not inhabitable AT ALL) as a fun place to get away. Then Mr. Joe's ASSHOLE step father took off and left MIL in a SUPER AMOUNT of debt. She busts her ass at 3 jobs to support her house and my 19 year old SIL and Mr. Joe's grandmother. Sadly, the time has come to sell it. This is one of the many things that makes me sad about divorce. We won't be able to make any more memories up here.

Clearly, there's a reason that divorce exists. If it didn't, my father would never have left the crazy lady he had my brothers with and met my mother and had me. You would really be missing out, so THANK YOU DIVORCE, but still, YOU SUCK BALLS.


Anyway, here are the rest of the pictures from the day:




Naturally, the picture of the salamander comes out big, but all the other pictures of the ACTUAL CABIN are teeny tiny. Sigh. Anyone looking for land in VT?

No comments: