Thursday, June 3, 2010

I have the plague.

Hello Internets! This post is mainly for my best friend Chrissy, who told me I was a blogging failure on Tuesday. This is odd, because I talk to her all day long on Gmail chat, so she knows everything that I could possible update on here already.
ANYWAY, I have the plague. I have had a crazy high fever and a stuffy nose and sore throat since Tuesday night. Yesterday I lefty work early, which I NEVER do. We only have PTO days here, no sick time, so I usually fight my illnesses while taking calls at work because I'll be damned if I'm going to spend my precious time away from work laying in bed sick at home. I had a really high fever that didn't break until this morning . . . and since I stopped hallucinating, I decided to come in to work for the second half of the day. Mr. Joe is not pleased. Oh well.
Probably what threw me over the edge is that I did P90X on Tuesday when I came home from work. I wasn't feeling that great, but it was my last day of resistance in month 2 and I just. wanted. to. finish.
Totally worth it in my opinion, because I am down to 150 as of today. Some of that loss might be from the plague, but I intend to keep it off. After this recovery week, I will take another picture - which I know you are all excited about AND I will be in the last month of P90X, which I'm finding hard to believe. I never stick with anything, and here I am, writing this blog all regular like and working out for an hour everyday for almost two months. I don't even know who I am anymore.
In TTC news, my fever/plague has totally messed up my chart. If I am following the same schedule that I had for the last two months, I would have ovulated today. I don't know because my temp was still up this morning. Not that it would matter anyway - there was no sexy time in the last 3 days. It's hard to feel sexy when you're dehydrated and choking on snot.
Our good friend Sean's father passed away on Tuesday. he had Alzheimer's and was sick for a really long time. I am terrified of going to the wake and funeral. It will be the first one since Mike died, and I don't know if I will be able to keep my cool. A few years ago, the father of one of the friends I grew up with died, and I was doing really well until I met her in the receiving line. I LOST MY SHIT. I felt awful for doing that to poor Jessica. That was before I knew what real loss felt like. Now, I don't know if I can be cool and keep it together.
Since this post is already really random, here is an adorable picture of my babies Harry (my German shepherd) and Wendy (the asshole cat):

Hopefully, I won't die from the plague and I'll see you all again soon!

No comments: