Friday, May 27, 2011

30 weeks down!

I think this picture makes me look smaller than I really am. I feel like I cannot possibly get any bigger, yet I have two more months to go! How do people do this with more than one in there?? See my face? I'm trying really hard not to look like a tool. Fail.

I'm 30 weeks and 3 days today. I'm really planning on carrying for another 8 weeks, and then jumping up and down until BabyJoe comes out. I don't want to go the full 40 weeks because having a baby in August sounds like it would be a very hot and sweaty experience. As it is, having a baby in July will be hot and sweaty. August is always Africa hot here in CT, and I just don't want to be preggo after July 31st. That sounds reasonable right? :-)

It seems like all of a sudden my appetite has grown tenfold. I feel like I could eat every minute of everyday and still be hungry. My thoughts are consumed with food all day long. That's when my brain is capable of having thoughts. Mostly, I'm braindead all day. I try to concentrate at work, but it's hard to when you have a giant stomach that move independently. I poke and prod BabyJoe all day long and in return, he kicks my ass! I don't think it will ever get old. I worried in the beginning when I was so sick that I would be one of those people that hated being pregnant and then people would be mad that I hated it after wanting this for so long, but I can honestly say that I have loved most of every minute. I still wouldn't mind him coming any time after 38 weeks, though!

We finally moved the carp out of his room and started work on the nursery. By "we", I mean Mr. Joe. Although, I did put the crib together with him - and we did it without any yelling or injury! Of course, there may have been a few Captain and Cokes involved in keeping the peace. Just saying. The room is painted a light green. I need to find an area rug to go in there and then it will be ready to be crammed full of baby paraphernalia. I can't believe my first of two showers is next week. This is going by so fast!

Mr. Joe and I celebrated 3 years of marriage on Wednesday. Since we are very fancy people, we had an anniversary dinner at the Red Lobster, at around 4:30 with the senior citizens. I'm pretty sure we were the youngest couple in there. Afterwards we went shopping at Dick's for a putter. Pretty exciting 3rd anniversary, huh? We live on the edge. This kid is going to have one craaaaaazy life!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I'm happy you removed the carp. A newborn shouldn't be around too mud dead fish. Some dead fish, but not too much.