Friday, October 8, 2010

Fantastic News!

The universe has heard my cry.

For a new job anyway.

!!!!!!!!!

I will FINALLY be hanging up my headset for the last time. I'm moving to a new department in the company starting in November! Instead of taking calls all day, I'll be handling short term disability claims - which I'm sure will come with its own set of sucky tasks, but not one of those tasks involves having to work in a call center!!!!!! In fact, I will get to work from home 2 days a week so I don't have to drive my awful commute everyday.

I was supposed to start next friday, but because there are so many knocked up ladies on my team, they are making me wait until November so they can replace me. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I have a definite escape plan, but it was hard not to be ticked off that I'm being forced to stay for two extra weeks. I want out so badly though, so I'm just sucking it up as best I can. My calls might not be so stellar though. I've mentally checked out already.

Clomid is kicking my ass like whoa. I have been yelling at strangers, waking up sweaty, and my organs feel like they're rearranging again to make room for my huge ovaries. I start peeing on opks today, CD13. I have never been this sweaty before. It's gross. I'm sitting at my desk with a fan on high, contemplating taking my pants off while my coworkers freeze. Also, my back has been hurting. I'm not sure if that's a side effect or not though. I could just be extra complainy.

Thank you all for your positive new job vibes/thoughts/prayers - they really came through! Now I am focusing all of my energy on growing a mini me. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

DF Farmstead said...

AWESOME! I'm def on the same page that you were/are..I'm in need of new job too! Hopefully the side effects of Clomid and good ones...yay for the new job though! I'm happy for you being so happy! (did that make sense) haha

Krista said...

YAAAYYY!!! This is the start of some wonderful things ahead. First the job, then a big, fat, beautiful round belly containing a bundle of joy :) CONGRATS!
I'm moving groups too within the company, my countdown was to November 1st as well... and got the news Thursday that my jerk boss extended it to December. So, I am JEALOUS!
GOOD LUCK!